Thursday, October 2, 2008

Questionnaire

The internet questionnaire Holly sent me a couple of days ago:

"Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends/family. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known! Just press the 'forward' button. Then you can erase my answers and add yours . "

1. What time did you get up this morning?
Alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I didn't actually arise until 7 though.

2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds.

3. What was the last film you saw at the movie theater?**
Frozen River.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
Curb Your Enthusiasm....also enjoyed Sopranos and Six Feet Under

5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Too embarrassed to answer this question honestly after reading Holly McNutt's healthy answer....

6. What is your middle name? Beth

7. What food do you dislike? Veal. I will not eat veal. I am horrified by it....

8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? No favorite CD at the moment as I recently acquired an Ipod, which I adore and cherish. It plays in my car!

9. What kind of car do you drive? 2005 GMC Yukon Denali and 2009 Mercedes E350

10. Favorite sandwich? Reuben

11. What characteristic do you despise? Several: dishonesty, cowardice, insecurity

12. Favorite item of clothing? ripped blue jeans

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Go back in time to Bermuda, before it changed....twenty years ago, when my cousin Jeanette was alive and owned Flamingo Beach

14. Are you an organized person? Hell no. Desperately disorganized....

15. Where would you retire to? Some warm place by an ocean so I can flop around like a happy seal in the sea and read my novels on the sand....in a shady spot....

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Shared some birthdays with friends in New Orleans and in Cabo--stress-free and inebriated.

17. What are you going to do when you finish this? Rest. All these questions have exhausted me.

18. Farthest place you are sending this? Los Angeles

19. Person you expect to send it back first? Colleen

20. When is your birthday? November 11

21. Morning person or a night person? Night, but mornings are nice too as long as I can meet them on my own terms.

22. What is your shoe size? 10 or 11 -- big feet. I am almost 6' tall and could fall over if they were any smaller.

23. Pets? My dog named Cat

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like share? Is this interrogation almost over?

25. What did you want to be when you were little? Older.

26. How are you today? Waning, so many questions....

27.What is your favorite flower? Whatever I can grow. My true favorite is one I don't have, lilac. The smell is divine. I also love the smell of honeysuckle, which grows in abundance in my woods. On a warm night, you can smell it from the driveway. I grow Cosmos everywhere.

28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Whatever day tomorrow is.

29. What are you listening to right now? The imaginary voices in my head telling me to "Get out. Get out now!"

30. What was the last thing you ate? A forgettable evening special at the Sly Fox.

31. Do you wish on stars? I wish I may, I wish I might.

32. If you were a crazyon, what color would you be? Fire engine red.

33. The last person you spoke to on the phone? Matt in L.A.

34. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke

35. Favorite restaurant? Any hot dog cart that has Sabrette hot dogs. I like to eat outside.

36. Hair color? Lightest golden brown, a la L'Oreal

37.What was your favorite toy as a child? George, my stuffed St. Bernard

38. Summer or Winter? Summer!

39. Chocolate or Vanilla? Not sure what you mean. Is this a question about my preference in men?

40. Coffee or tea? Coffee with ice, cream and sugar

41. Do you want your friends to email you back?** Yes, immediately--no matter what else they have to do.

42. When was the last time you cried? About a week ago.

43.What is under your bed? Boxes of old photographs and papers from college, dust mites and a cantankerous goblin.

44. What did you do last night? Met Pam in Wayne to see "Frozen River," ate popcorn and drove home in the rain listening to "Oh mio babbino caro" and "Miserere" on my iPod.

45.What are you afraid of? Being unprepared.

46. Salty or sweet? Sometimes salty. Sometimes sweet. Sometimes messy. Sometimes neat.

47. How many keys on your key ring? The Denali's key ring has about 20 keys, mostly for the houses. The other car's key ring has only three--car (which is not really a key per se, but this thing you stick into the ignition to turn the car off and on), house and office.

48. How many years at your current job? 17 as a lawyer. 9 1/2 as a mother.

49. Favorite day of the week? Any day without stress or laundry. I don't like laundry. I don't like going to the market either. Or when the toilet gets clogged.

5o. Do you make friends easily? What? People suck. (See answer to no. 52 below)

51. How many people will you send this to? Not sure. As many as I can and, hopefully, they will become as irritated as I am now.

52. How many will respond? None. (See answer to no. 50 above.)

53. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your **friends?** Why is the word friends in this question surrounded by asterisks??? Will my friends become **friends** if they have to answer so many questions?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Oh, and way too many questions above. But I am reminded that we share a middle name.

lbf