Monday, July 28, 2008

Disturbing Business Plan

Lunch with Joe, The Undertaker. We haven't seen each other in a while, and he wants to catch up quickly, so he regales me with the losses he took last week in Las Vegas, the situation with the new (used) Lexus and future business plans, which include opening a pet crematory.

My eyebrows go up, and he asks if I'll be his business partner. I'm revolted by the idea but kick into business mode and fire questions at him....where? zoning? how much does the "machine" cost? how to get customers away from competition? Nothing fazes him; he answers each in succession. Some questions he cannot answer, but he's going to meet some people near Pittsburgh to find out more.

"A dog park..." "Huh?" "We could put a dog park right next to it!"

"Are you insane?"

"It's a great idea," he says, excitedly. "That's what they have by this place in Pittsburgh."

"That' so awful," I lament. Imagine taking your pet to the dog park to frolic and seeing smoke from the chimneys next door. It's more than I can bear, and I change the subject.

But who knows...after all, he is The Undertaker and he knows such things. I guess.

No comments: